Re: SPEC files for gnome 2.0 beta

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:52:01AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

	Why haven't these not been committed back to CVS?

 Well for one i would not appreciate someone comminting updated
spec RPM changes on my module. I rely on the my CVS spec file features
a LOT, so anyway the HACKING files intructions applies too.

[...]
	I think any maintainers who want this type of policy should
stick something like this in their HACKING files ..

"
	+ Members of the GNOME packaging product may commit
	  fixes to the .spec files.
"

Something like that would make life a lot easier for the GPP. When have my patch sets complete, i'll browse thru the HACKING files, and if there's no policy, mail the maintainers of the package to see what procedure they prefer.

I just hope that not _every_ package will have a different way of doing things, or else keeping track of diplomatic procedures will be a job on its own ;-)

   -- Chris