Re: new easy GNOME2 CVS build script
- From: Ali Akcaagac <ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de>
- To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: new easy GNOME2 CVS build script
- Date: 24 Feb 2002 14:18:32 +0100
another day another version of the buildscript. if you are interested
then you know where to get it (my homepage listed below). investigated a
lot into this version. solved a conflict between the dirbackup/create
and the module installation part.
this version is heavily tested. now its absolute secure to run this
script as USER or ROOT. it creates a complete gnome 2 installation
wherever you want (and wherever you have access) WITHOUT touching the
system, that means no files are moved to an existing aclocal dir or
whatever. this is tested and works.
- 0.0.9 - found a serious building problem. after the build failes for
some unknown reasons then this script goes into the directory
check function again and moves directories. also these dirs
where we installed files already. moving existing directories
to .bak is correct but not after we installed something in
them. a locking check has been implemented.
- fixed a little line typo in the 0.0.7 version announcement.
- now that we export all the paths correctly, we removed two
obsolete links that were created by this script.
- changed the path search order. the previous version applied
the old paths first and then the new ones. this cause probs
when searching executable files or libraries e.g. if you have
a gnome 1 build somewhere else then it took the files of the
old build instead of the new installed ones of gnome 2.
- the maindialog requires that you press (yes or no). it's more
- correct output of installed autoconf, automake, gettext and
- added bug-buddy to the list of checkouts.
- updated pkgconfig to use a new version.
On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 13:03, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> - 0.0.8 - crap! before release of 0.0.7 i added some quick feature and
> it fscked the whole script. please excuse this and accept the
> update here.
> please excuse this. grab from my homepage if you run 0.0.7 then just
> replace and restart the 0.0.8 no need to do anything else.
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
Status..: Student Of Computer & Economic Science
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de
] [Thread Prev