Re: Will there be user/newbie friendly printer access in Gnome 2?

On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 10:06, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 19:27, Damon Chaplin wrote:
>
> > I don't think GNOME 2 will have any way to configure printers/print job
> > settings.
> >
> > I'd like to see something get into 2.2, though. I think we should make
> > CUPS the preferred method, just as KDE Print does.
>
> How did things go that way? This seems an incredible oversight to me. I

It's real easy...  This feature was simply less important than getting
some other things in place in time for GNOME 2.0.  There will be a GNOME
2.2, where we can fix a bunch more things that we didn't get to in GNOME
2.0.  And, once we get 2.2 done, we can work on 2.4, and pick up some
more of the things we missed in 2.2, and so on.  Things get assigned
priorities, based on what people feel is important, and on what people
feel like working on.  If somebody felt like working on this, then it
would get done faster (though not for 2.0, at this point).  Hope that
helps,
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.