Re: OOP applets; man pages

Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net> writes:

> I'd like to see this used for application-specific capplets
> or small programs that have the same role as capplets,
> that of configuring an application.  IIUC, that is what
> these icons are used for on Windows.

My experience on Windows is that all apps have the policy "put our
company logo in as many places as possible" and they think of some
useless random thing for the status docklet to do, just so they can
put their app in your face a bit more... and even nontechnical users
very frequently want to know how to get rid of all the damn things,
and there's no standard way to remove them, just docklet-specific
ways...

Hopefully this wouldn't be a problem with free software apps ;-)

Havoc