Re: Deprecated calls in libzvt

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 10:08, Deepa wrote:
> Jacob,
>
> > > * gdk_input_add() - This in turn calls  gdk_input_add_full() which is also
> > > deprecated. I was not able to find a replacement for this as yet.
> >
> > if you look at the implementation of gdk_input_add_full() you will see
> > it calls g_io_add_watch_full() which is what you will want to use.
>
> This is not a one-one replacement. In fact you need to rewrite the functionality of
> gdk_input_add () into your code.

you actually don't.  gdk_input_add() just provides the old api
behaviour, which you don't really need.

you should be able to do something like:

    static gboolean handle_io (GIOChannel *ioc, GIOCondition condition,
    gpointer data);
    GIOChannel *ioc;
    int fd;

    fd = foo_get_fd ();

    ioc = g_io_channel_unix_new (fd);
    g_io_add_watch (ioc, G_IO_IN | G_IO_HUP,
    		handle_io, NULL);
    g_io_channel_unref (ioc);

and not do all the closure / callback stuff.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby