Re: Parse error as GtkOldEditable is deprecated

Deepa <deepa chacko wipro com> writes:

> I used these flags for compilation:
>     -DGTK_ENABLE_BROKEN=0  -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
>
> Now, I find that even if you define it to 0, ifdef will take it to be
> defined.  One has to use the -U flag to undefine a macro.
>
> Shouldn't it be
>
> #if GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
> #endif
>
> instead of
>
> #ifdef GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
> #endif
>
> If it is the first way then one can unset it by -DGTK_ENABLE_BROKEN=0?

Try -UGTK_ENABLE_BROKEN. (Well, actually, it defaults to off, so there
should be no need to do that.)

In general, we use #ifdef not #if for conditionals of this type, and
I think trying to support both will just muddy the waters and confuse
things.

Regards,
                                        Owen