Re: Weird bug, dont know what component to report

Hi Chris,

> Yep, when i run the current HEAD version, some of the problems do go
> away. However when i start gedit2, it gives the usual 'stock icon not
> found' error at startup, and presents me with a nice segmentation fault ;-)

IMO, this problem is due to a newly introduced bug in gtk+.
You cannot show a window containing a notebook that does not contain pages.

If you try this little program it crashes too, in the sample place
(i.e. focus_child_in at gtknotebook.c:1869)

int
main (int argc, char **argv)
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *notebook;
  GtkWidget *hbox;

  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

  gtk_window_set_title (GTK_WINDOW (window), "GTK+ Code Demos");

  g_signal_connect (window, "destroy",
		    G_CALLBACK (gtk_main_quit), NULL);

  hbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 0);
  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), hbox);

  notebook = gtk_notebook_new ();
  gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (hbox), notebook, TRUE, TRUE, 0);

  gtk_window_set_default_size (GTK_WINDOW (window), 600, 400);
  gtk_widget_show_all (window);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: maggi athena polito it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7085

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.