Re: Release team perspective [Was: libgnomeprint* 1.116.x in 2.2]

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 03:41:20AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Chema Celorio">
>
> > On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 09:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > >   - The 2.2 version does not have any dependencies on other 2.2 modules
> > >     (though has an optional dependency on fontconfig).
> >
> > s/optional//
>
> Not optional? That's a big pain then...
>
> It makes it much harder for developers to target the 2.2 platform, given
> that they have to rely on their users having GNOME 2.2 (or RH8).

The whole point of redoing things with fontconfig is to get rid of the
broken impossible-to-maintain gnome-print-specific font configuration
BS. If you still maintain said BS as a fallback, you haven't gotten
anywhere.

Believe me, getting fontconfig working is a hell of a lot easier than
getting the old gnome-print working... though if fontconfig is still
not so hot at working "out of the tarball" we could perhaps give it
some loving in that area.

Havoc