Re: Windows XP-style login

> I just want to note for the record that I think it's great that 'there
> is a bug filed about it' is now part of the GNOME culture. I do want to
> stress, though, that filing a bug is only a partial step. We should
> never, ever get in the habit that 'well, it was good enough to file a
> bug, now someone else will take care of it.'[1] I fear I see a little
> bit of that creeping in.
>
> Luis

I probably should have been more clear in my response; I remember
reading the discussion in that bug a while ago and it seemed to have
been making good progress (conceptually, at least).  I merely pointed
out the existing bug in order to say that the feature was already "on
the radar" of the appropriate people.

Of course, getting someone to do the requisite Xscreensaver work could
be . . .difficult, I recall some hesitancy on the part of jwz in the
past.  I believe there is even a FAQ about the login screen still being
Motif and having that god-awful logo.

--
Shahms E. King <shahms shahms com>