Re: problems with bonobo components and ssh X11 forwarding

Hi Jaka,

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 09:28, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> just for the record: it's very much possible that most components are
> not doing this which effectively disables them from being used on a
> remote display. eog certainly doesn't.

	Yes - but it's not fixable without adding new API; and we can't add new
API ;-) so ... sadly we have to cut and paste some hacks into various
files.

	The situation is more complex in Gnome 2.2 since we'll have Gtk+ 2.2
which can handle multiple displays; so ... that adds a whole panacea of
interesting problems - such as session management [ something we need to
do work on now anyway ].

	Regards,

		Michael.