Re: problems with bonobo components and ssh X11 forwarding

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 13:16, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Jaka,
>
> On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 10:27, Jaka Mocnik wrote:
> > I just discovered that bonobo components refuse to start when run on a
> > remote server with X11 display exported via a ssh tunnel. other apps
> > work fine.
>
> 	Very odd - I assume that X knows nothing about ssh; that it just uses
> the DISPLAY variable. That's all we propagate to the component - so it
> should 'just work'.
X definitely does not need to know about ssh: display is exported via
the ssh tunnel as DISPLAY=localhost:10.0 clearly shows on the other end
of that tunnel an X server waits... other apps that don't use
out-of-proc bonobo components (like ghex2) work just fine.

> 	Nope - sounds odd to me; that is unless X needs more information than
> DISPLAY to set up the connection.
AFAIK no... anybody?

regards,
	jaKa