Re: Re-inventing Metatheme

> > 4) Metacity and GTK themes both change very quickly (plenty fast enough
> > for instant apply). Nautilus themes should, though I haven't checked
> > recently.
>
> Not on Solaris, sadly... it usually takes the thick end of a minute to
> change from the default theme to HighContrastLargePrint on my Ultra10!

Owwww! We should track that issue down, I have trouble believing its
actually a direct performance problem.... that's several orders of
magnitude slower than I'm seeing! :-/

Is that a control theme, window border theme, font set.... ? Or are you
guys actually using metatheme? Metatheme currently seems to be very
slow.

But just looking at each individual theme type switching  itself....
This is on my laptop (500 MHz right now since I'm on battery):

  Window border, switch Wonderland -> Crux: < 1 sec
  Control, switch Default -> PrettyOkayish: < 1 sec
  Nautilus, switch Crux -> Eazel          : 3.5 sec

So Nautilus is a little sluggish here, but it also didn't make the
system unresponsive while switching (and doesn't interfere with using
apps like controls or window borders can), so its not too much of a
concern.

-Seth