Re: who gets in and why, aka the GNOME Desktop inclusion criteria

Hey guys,

> > > While I feel you have a good set of standards for the GNOME desktop to
> > > live up to I believe you have left out one of the most important
> > > requirements.  I think all GNOME desktop applications need to have good
> > > documentation.

Absolutely, couldn't agree more....this definitely should have been in
the list ;)

> > [Which, really, is sort of my biggest worry. For those of you who
> > /don't/ develop apps that are part of GNOME, but who might want to be-
> > what do you think of these? Are they too intimidating? Too binding? What
> > do you think? Would you be willing to do these things in order to become
> > part of the desktop?]

I would kiss the person who would come up with an online doc for all
this stuff. I looked at gnome-docu/gdp/gdp-example2 a little and the doc
stuff still has an element of 'voodoo' in it.

I like Eric's point though...we *really* need to start writing
whitepapers on this stuff and getting it on the
web...somewhere...anywhere...

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)