Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="iain">
>
> > We removed workspaces? I thought we'd removed viewports...
> >
> > Shows that some of us really have no clue what they are. Which is the one
> > you can't drag windows between?
>
> Heh. This really is silly, innit?
>
>   We now call a subset of the features of the old Sawfish viewports and
>   workspaces, 'workspaces'.
>
>   The main missing feature of the two previous systems is the grid
>   representation of desktop areas, navigable in those terms (ie. North,
>   South, East, West, rather than just Next and Previous).

That is not really due to the fact that we use workspaces. It is just a
feature we lack. It is fully implementable using workspaces only.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a genetically engineered guerilla househusband looking for 'the Big One.'
She's a high-kicking mutant queen of the dead with the soul of a mighty
warrior. They fight crime!