Re: A Violent Realisation [Was: Preferences]

On 29 Apr 2002, iain wrote:

> > I already listed one - the removal of workspaces.
>
> We removed workspaces? I thought we'd removed viewports...
>
> Shows that some of us really have no clue what they are. Which is the
> one you can't drag windows between?

Viewports are the one where windows can overlap several screens.
Workspaces are "separate". We removed (didn't add) viewport support in the
tasklist.

There is really nothing that says you can't drag windows between
workspace though. The only thing that can't happen is the window being
half on one workspace, and the other half on another workspace.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an all-American Amish cop plagued by the memory of his family's brutal
murder. She's a mentally unstable wisecracking fairy princess who inherited a
spooky stately manor from her late maiden aunt. They fight crime!