Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

> > The rule of thumb is that none of these should require administrator
> > priviledges, and none of them should be "dangerous" or possible to get
> > wrong.

In the list above, both language and mouse can be both dangerous and
possible to get wrong.

Case in point: I started a random capplet[1], and for some reason (it
wasn't the mouse one) it slowed my mouse to a crawl[2]. So I opened the
mouse capplet[1] and whacked the sensitivity up, except as I moved it
up, it applied, so I ended up accidently sticking it to move a
millimetre, flip across 6 desktops type sensitivity. The only way I
could fix it was with xset.

I could imagine scenerios such as "opps My monkey turned the language
setting to Spanish, and I've no idea what the menus say anymore[3]".

iain
[1] Yes, yes, they're not capplets.
[2] This is bad in itself.
[3] Gratuitious Friends reference.
--
"Things like Destiny's Child are just repressed sexuality. It happens
with boys and men too. I feel embarrassed for them when I listen to