Actions menu (was 'Capplets' and 'background/font capplets'))

> Desktop seems reasonable, probably better than "Actions" or "Commands".

I realize that in GNOME terms, desktop means "The sum of all the parts
of your working environment" but to Mac folk it means "the background on
which icons and windows are displayed (minus the menu bar)"[1]  To
windows folks it means "The visual work area that fills the screen. The
desktop is also a container and can be used as a convenient location to
place objects stored in the file system."[2]  And on CDE, it is "The
area on which the windows of a user's environment appear."[3]

So to everyone else, desktop means "that thing behind all my windows
[that has icons on it.]"  If I were looking for "Turn off my computer"
or "Search for files" I would never think to look in "Desktop."

-Erik

[1]
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/HIGuidelines/HIGuidelines-307.html

[2]