Re: Display option in multiscreen

Erwann Chenede <Erwann Chenede Sun COM> writes:
> The problem with this approach is that non gnome applications would not
> be restored properly (e.g. mozilla, motif/qt/X apps, etc.)
>
> I agree that in an ideal world, all apps should behave properly, but
> it is sadly not the case.

We should NOT NOT NOT try to session manage apps that do not support
SM. That's a huge disaster, it makes SM look buggy.

My master plan to make SM work - which involves fixing the window
manager, the terminal app, and the SM, thus the common theme of my
projects ;-) - includes popping up a dialog that tells the user which
apps do not support SM (or do so incorrectly) and thus will not be
saved. This way we clearly indicate to users when the bug is in an app
not the SM or WM.

Havoc