more SM (kinky) (was Re: Display option in multiscreen)

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 19:27, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Erwann Chenede <Erwann Chenede Sun COM> writes:
> > The problem with this approach is that non gnome applications would not
> > be restored properly (e.g. mozilla, motif/qt/X apps, etc.)
> >
> > I agree that in an ideal world, all apps should behave properly, but
> > it is sadly not the case.
> >

> We should NOT NOT NOT try to session manage apps that do not support
> SM. That's a huge disaster, it makes SM look buggy.
>
> My master plan to make SM work - which involves fixing the window
> manager, the terminal app, and the SM, thus the common theme of my
> projects ;-) - includes popping up a dialog that tells the user which
> apps do not support SM (or do so incorrectly) and thus will not be
> saved. This way we clearly indicate to users when the bug is in an app
> not the SM or WM.

While you're talking about the SM, maybe you can help me with this one:

In acme, a Gnome program for Apple laptops and desktops to make use of
the fancy buttons on there, I bound the power button to this, which in
Gnome1 showed the exit dialog.

In Gnome2, it doesn't work anymore, any ideas on what I should be doing
instead then ?

static void
do_exit_action(void)
{