Re: Display option in multiscreen

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 14:07, Erwann Chenede wrote:

> >the point was machine_name and num_Xserver can be different between
> >sessions - if gtk knew about just the screen it could try the screen it
> >was given, and possibly fallback to screen  if there isn't that screen
> >available?
>
> Understood, But I think it is more the session manager's job to create
> the right display+screen combination while trying to restart apps
> and if the screen is not available then discard the app altogether.

how would it know what to do for non-X aware but session managed apps?

what does it do for apps which are connected to multiple displays /
screens?

the only way for apps to do the right thing here is for the apps to be
controlling where they go, and not the session manager.

unless i am wrong, of course.

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to