Re: [Deskbar] Firefox: Extra search engines

On 2/14/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com> wrote:
I am the one responsible for the ff2 search engine parser. Another "bug"
that is very similar to what you describe (and probably stems from the same
issue) is that if you disable search engines, they still show up in deskbar.
I must be honest and confess that I don't know how to fix this. I've
searched everywhere for some setting that I could read to check for disabled
search engines, but I couldn't find it. I'm afraid it is stored somewhere in
a database-like binary structure that I'm not really keen on parsing...

If anybody knows where the find these settings it would be appreciated.

Hi Mikkel,
Thanks for your work on getting these into Deskbar!

I'm willing to take a look at some of the files on my system to see if
I can find anything. Is it possible to find the code that parses
whatever it is that it parses to see if I could find something here?
(I have hacked a bit of Python in my day. ;)

Cheers,
Andrew