Re: [Deskbar] Regressions in new UI

> >  * Invalidated a whole slew of 3rd party handlers without warning - do
> > you realize how many are out there? I strongly suggest creating a
> > LegacyModuleLoader or something so old handlers work without
> > modification. And this should be done really soon.
> >
> It should open a dialog a startup and warn you about outdated handlers.
> If you didn't see it I have to check the code again. I really don't see
> a posibility to support old handlers as well. The new API is just too
> different from the new one. I now that many people will get mad about
> this, but supporting two different APIs does no good in the long term.

In the long term, supporting two different APIs is undesirable.
However, going from working to broken, without a
working-but-deprecated step in between, from one stable release to the
next, is too severe.

Can you document the old and new handler APIs, and whether it's
possible to write an adapter class to convert from old to new?  It
should be straightforward to detect if a Handler class is old or new,
e.g. if it does not implement some methods that are mandatory in the
new API, then we can presume that it is an old-style Handler.