[Deskbar] Regressions in new UI

Hi all!

I'm testing out the new deskbar-applet in Gutsy Gibbon and I must admit that it is quite a bumpy ride :-)

Sebastian, please do not take this as a critique of your work, I really like what you are doing, and I can appreciate that it is hard and tricky work :-)

Here's a list of regressions that I spotted on the first go:

FUNCTIONALITY REGRESSIONS

 * Does not scale to view all results if window is to small

 * Hits pane partially obscured on first view

 * Invalidated a whole slew of 3rd party handlers without warning - do you realize how many are out there? I strongly suggest creating a LegacyModuleLoader or something so old handlers work without modification. And this should be done really soon.

NAVIGATIONAL REGRESSIONS
I consider these serious because we have a very big user base that will have a forced change of habits, that I assure you will be frustrating to many people. Changing the default navigational patterns should not be taken lightly.

 * Does not hide on Esc

 * Type search, hit down-arrow does not focus results

 * Does not go to top if hit down on bottom hit

 * Does not go to bottom hit if hitting up on from search entry.

 * Not closing result window after match selection.

IDEAS
 * History view - how about only displaying either history or the search results? Just show history when the applet is shown without a search string (it should have a visible "History" label somewhere to not confuse people). The mantra should be: "As little in the UI as possible, but shortest route to funtionality".

Cheers,
Mikkel