Re: [Deskbar] Bugzilla flooding

2006/10/5, Sebastian Pölsterl <marduk k-d-w org>:

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> Those of you subscribed to Bugzilla might have noticed that we received
> over 200 bug reports yesterday. Bug reports are good, don't get me
> wrong, but I guess that 95% of those reports where either dupes or just
> useless.

eek,
that's insane!

*-S Yes! Bgook!

> Fortunately we have people work hard to triage bugs and I honestly don't
> know what we should have done without them.
>
> However, I also think that 200/bugs/day is just a too much. We have to
> do something about it... But what? Code better? Remove bugbuddy
> integation? Leave deskbar and work on bugzilla?? Anything!?

I think most of the people are using Edgy beta. I honestly don't know if
all the bugs are caused by us or the ubuntu team. It seems to me that
deskbar rashes randomly, because many answer to the question "What were
you doing" something like nothing, nada, just nothing special.
I can't see anything helpful in this huge traces either.

I myself can't believe that we could have screwed up so much.

Neither can I! And I have been running Edgy since Knot 2, and I haven't been able to reproduce a single one of all the crashers which have been rolling in! It is quite frustrating really. Deskbar has been rock steady on me, even if I tried all kinds of funky things.

But what should we do?
Is it possible to block bug reports from Ubuntu Edgy Beta?

 I don't think it is, or that we should do it. That is fixing the symptoms, not the cause.

Cheers,
Mikkel