Re: [Deskbar] Unavailable handlers in prefs?

Just to inject a user's perspective, most people would find "Show failed handlers" to be pretty opaque ("What's a handler?"), but perhaps whatever the "error" icon is for the current theme (red circle with white x or whatever) replaces the search icon in the entry field, clicking on that brings up the window with error messages?  Click on a search result/handler selector instead and it goes away, hover mouse pointer over the icon and a tooltip shows up with something like "There were errors in this search - click for details".

Jose daLuz

On 10/17/05, Raphael Slinckx <raphael slinckx net> wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 00:12 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> When we (or others) start introducing more complex handlers it will be
> nice to be able to produce feedback in some sane non-intrusive way.
>
> I really understand that we don't want to sprinkle unused handlers
> around in the GUI, that was also why I asked you guys if you had any
> ideas...
> I still believe that there should be some way or other (not involving a
> terminal) to discover all the handlers.

Point taken after seeing the google live handler i realize there is need
for such handling.

I propose the following UI discussed with mikkel on IRC:
Current active handler selector:
|--------------

|--------------
Note: blah
[Show failed handlers]

You click on it, and it show a list view with each failed handler, along
with a message for the failure, a bit like active handlers have name
+description.

Is that a good UI, or maybe we need somthing better ? like having one
single handler list, and only show acive handlers in it, then if a
checkbow is clicked ([X] Show all handlers) the erratic handlers would
be displayed greyed out, with the error replacing the description ?

Raf