Re: [Deskbar] Scrapping priority

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 16:35 +1100, Nigel Tao wrote:

> > Yes, and maybe we should trash it in the maches too, since it's not
> > persistant anyway (i can only remember whith file/folder it's used to
> > sort them together) ? (more below)
>
> I was about to excise mentions of priority from the source, but I
> noticed that Raphael checked in some history stuff that used it.  Is it
> still good to yank?

Still good to yank, but you have to overcome two problems: how to
present files before folders, and how to present history items before
the rest of the handlers ?

I think the priority thing should just be removed from all handlers but
still be present in the API so one can override it.

In other words allow static priorities and remove all dynamic
modifications of it.

Or maybe we an completely keep it, and find a way to save matches
properties, but that boils down to the problem defined earlier...

Raf