Based on your information, I've now been able to free up a great deal of space on my external drive.

Thanks again,

Leslie

On 2018-04-14 04:03 PM, Vej wrote:
Hello Lesli.

Lets start with a few definitions, which will be needed for this:

 A backup made by Déjà Dup consists of full backups and incremental backups. A full backup is including all the files you want to back up, while an incremental backup is keeping changes since the last full backup only. One full backup and all the incremental backups based on this full backup are called a backup chain.

Files from a full backup are named something like duplicity-full.20180104T014532Z.vol1.difftar.gpg which means that this backup is from 04 th of January 2018.
Incremental backups give the date of the backup and the date of the last backup: duplicity-inc.20180104T014532Z.to.20180119T192818Z.vol1.difftar.gpg is based on the aforementioned full backup, while duplicity-inc.20180119T192818Z.to.20180120T201957Z.vol1.difftar.gpg is based on that incremental backup and so on.

So if you know when you got your new laptop, you can easily find the backup chains which are older and therefore belong to the old computer.

Best

Vej