Re: Deeper integration with GNOME

1) I was already aware of that thread and I'm still thinking multiple
schedules could get Déjà Dup closer to it's mission statement:
- both on-site and off-site allowed at the same time
- regular backups are still possible when a storage is not available

Also, considering backups are useless until you have to restore (and
browse through your previous backups), there is no added complexity from
a user perspective. From a developper point-of-view, a fancy way to
browse could be coded once and be used for both history and schedule.
That would make backups more appealing. It would be a pitty to condamn
users to move to cluttered user interface if they wanted multiple schedules.

Anyway, I perfectly understand you don't want to spend time and your
fears on such a change, so I'll continue to dig this way (with GTK3.10+
stuff) on my side and keep you informed if by any chance I succeed.

2,3) Seems fine to me.

4,5) Indeed, the "after" view is odd. Maybe you should get back to the
two-columns layout[0], and move the advices ("you should enable...")
away from the icons. Maybe you even should keep only one advice, and
move it above the columns to emphasize on the most important thing: make
regular backups.

[0]:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Playground/Backups?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=wire-v2-backup.png