Re: File category disappears

>> This is quite strange! It appears as though the Files backend is not
>> running. And there is no notification message for it either!
>>
>> I don't know if gentoo disables debug building by default; if not,
>> then my best bet is to run "beagled --debug" and observe the log at
>> ~/.beagle/Log/current-Beagle
>
> Wasn't there code added fairly recently to completely disable backends
> if they encounter many errors?  This might explain this, and hopefully
> would suggest clues in the log files.

I thought so. This is a necessary safeguard. And I thought I added it.
But (lowering head in shame) my memory failed me nor could I find any
commit message or email to the list ... quick glance at the code didnt
reveal anything either. I only found this - too many exceptions now
disable the particular "task" (e.g. file crawling will be disabled if
there are too many errors) but the backend would still be available
for querying!

For now, running with debug enabled and checking the current-Beagle
till the "File" backend disappears seems to be the only recourse.
Anyhow, I don't like this way of backends silently disappearing!