Re: Playing with Beagle webinterface: "XML Parsing Error..."

Hi Marco,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Marco <map gmx it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to change the webinterface home page.
> I'd like to have a form similar to the one of google advanced search:
> http://www.google.com/advanced_search
>
> Being a total newbie at all this, I've made a copy of all the files from
> /usr/share/beagle/webinterface/ to
> /usr/share/beagle/webinterface/advancedsearch/
> to start playing around without breaking Beagle.

I am not sure I understand what all is going on. But as a caution,
copying files to a different location and creating new files will not
always work (security related precaution). To use files from a
different location, start beagled with the environment variable
BEAGLE_WEBSERVER_DIR (*) set to the directory; then beagled will serve
pages from the new directory.

Accessing a new file e.g. http://localhost:4000/foobar.xml is a
different story altogether and will not work without adding a line to
the source :-(

- dBera

(*) http://beagle-project.org/Environment_Variables