Playing with Beagle webinterface: "XML Parsing Error..."

Hi,

I'm trying to change the webinterface home page.
I'd like to have a form similar to the one of google advanced search:
http://www.google.com/advanced_search

Being a total newbie at all this, I've made a copy of all the files from
/usr/share/beagle/webinterface/ to
/usr/share/beagle/webinterface/advancedsearch/
to start playing around without breaking Beagle.

I've changed the "Advance search" link to point to
the new ./advancedsearch/index.xml.

In firefox 3.0.3, if I point to
http://localhost:4000/
the original page works flawlessly.
Once I click on "advance search" I move to
http://localhost:4000/advancedsearch/index.xml
but I have this error:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://localhost:4000/advancedsearch/index.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:
^

It works if I use the address
file:///usr/share/beagle/webinterface/advancedsearch/index.xml
but then even the normal search stops working, with firefox saying
"...can't find the file at
/usr/share/beagle/webinterface/POST?querytext=whatever&qyerysubmit=Search..."

Any clue? I've put a copy of my current
/usr/share/beagle/webinterface/ folder here:
https://rottame.dyndns.org/webinterface.tar.gz .
The two index.xsl pages are still identical except for the logo and
the "advanced search" link.

Thanks for any clue! Marco