Re: not indexing when evolutionmail is enabled

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 23:24 -0500, D Bera wrote:

> Umm... I need some help :-(

Sure, no problem.

> Can you disable only the Evo mail backend and see the behaviour ?

That would be what I have configured now.  Everything appears to work
fine in that situation.

> Now disable only the EvolutionDataServer backend and check the behaviour.

Just to be clear, EvolutionMail enabled and EvolutionDataServer
disabled... Stop service, [ kill beagled because Stop service doesn't
actually work ] Start service...

Wait for quite a while for things to settle down... beagled was indexing
an ass-barn-load of Evolution summary files (the ones that I think are
now abandoned by Evolution 2.24 and it's SQLite databases)... and now I
am back to:

Final Flush for PidginIndex                                                                               Fri      8 02:31:02

Scheduler:
Count: 47159

Pending Tasks:
Scheduler queue is empty.

Future Tasks:
Maintenance 0 (27/11/2008 5:04:45 PM)
Optimize IndexingServiceIndex
Hold until 28/11/2008 10:07:01 AM

Maintenance 0 (28/11/2008 2:26:11 AM)
Optimize PidginIndex
Hold until 28/11/2008 6:19:28 PM

Maintenance 0 (28/11/2008 2:30:04 AM)
Optimize FileSystemIndex
Hold until 28/11/2008 7:16:23 PM

Blocked Tasks:
Cancelled task:
        Tag: file:///home/brian/.purple/logs/irc/brian zone foo org/%23eng.chat/2008-11-25.100914-0500EST.txt
    Creator:

Cancelled task:
        Tag: file:///home/brian/.purple/logs/irc/brian zone foo org/%23abc.chat/2008-11-25.100915-0500EST.txt
    Creator:

Cancelled task:
        Tag: file:///home/brian/.purple/logs/irc/brian zone foo org/%23chameleon.chat/2008-11-25.100916-0500EST.txt
    Creator:

Which to me means that beagled is working with this new combination of
backends.  So the failure mode appears to be when both EvolutionMail and
EvolutionDataServer are enabled.

> Just check if indexing is stopped or continuing. Thanks in advance.

As above and of course, you are welcome.

> Ok. This is fixed in the svn. Hopefully the next version should be out
> sooner than later.

Cool.  Would be nice to see what real indexing tasks are in the queue
given that I have those Cancelled tasks overrunning the output of
beagle-status.

Cheers,
b.