Re: not indexing when evolutionmail is enabled

On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 10:55 -0500, D Bera wrote:

> Beagle directly reads the summary files - they were earlier in the
> so-called "Camel" format. Beagle comes with a minimal "Camel" format
> reader. The mail files are mbox files and are read directly too. For
> the calendar, addressbook stuff, beagle uses the evolution-api.

Hrm.

> Can you verify that the summary files are now in SQLite ? That could
> very well be the problem.

Well, in fact, given one of the entries in my beagle-status:

Delayed 0 (13/11/2008 6:09:48 PM)
/home/brian/.evolution/mail/imap/brian linux/folders/INBOX/summary

and then looking at the file:

$ ls -l /home/brian/.evolution/mail/imap/brian linux/folders/INBOX/summary
-rw------- 1 brian brian 967826 2008-09-26 16:31 /home/brian/.evolution/mail/imap/brian linux/folders/INBOX/summary

I'd say it's an "abandoned" file.

So, given that my indexing is so backed up, do you want me to leave it
as such for further investigation or can I disable the EvolutionMail
data source and restart the daemon again?

b.