beagle index question

Hi,
  Just discovered Beagle and think its great! Couple of quicky developer
questions.

1) Is there any reason why I couldn't have another process read
the beagle document indexes and add lucene fields to the existing lucene
document entries? I know lucene only likes 1 index writer. I'd be
writing to it from a separate Java lucene app.
2) Is there a PST (ms outlook mail) backend?
3) Is there a way to get a file's checksum/CRC from the python API?

Cheers!
Darren