Re: beagle index question

> 1) Is there any reason why I couldn't have another process read
> the beagle document indexes and add lucene fields to the existing lucene
> document entries? I know lucene only likes 1 index writer. I'd be
> writing to it from a separate Java lucene app.

There is nothing stopping you from doing that as long as lucene allows
it. However, some (or most) of the fields are there for internal
purpose and it might not be wise to mess with them. Also, lucene does
not allow updating of documents - you have to delete and re-add
documents and this might not work flawlessly with beagle.

> 2) Is there a PST (ms outlook mail) backend?

No.

> 3) Is there a way to get a file's checksum/CRC from the python API?

You mean using beagle python API ? Then the answer is no. Python
itself could have some API to compute file CRC.