Re: ANNOUNCE: Beagle & Libbeagle 0.3.4

> To ensure that all indexed items match these new feautures we have to
> drop the index from time to time. However maybe implementing a
> migrator from our previous version to the new one should be the right
> thing to do. This would allow us to preserve web pages as you noted.

This is actually not impossible for certain backends and I believe possible
for all our web history backends. We store their cached text in the
textcache, so we could use the previous properties in the index along with
the textcache cached text to migrate the information for the new index. The
reason we need the textcache data is we do not store the text content of the
documents in the index itself.

beagle / KDE / Mandriva / Inspiron-1100