Re: Beagle Properties

Hi,

On Feb 10, 2008 10:49 AM, Debajyoti Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> That sounds overwhelming ! There are only a few that are within our reach ...
> yelp, nautilus (and possibly brassero) in gnome cvs and kerry in kde svn.
> There are more to which we dont have direct access.

Sure, but we could provide patches.  In general it's probably a pretty
good exercise anyway to find out who the consumers of our APIs are so
that we can find out how good they are, where they could use
improvement, etc.

> Isnt there a standard way of making string changes in a way to automatically
> make applications aware of it ? Can these changes qualify as breaking binary
> incompatibility; then we can increase library versions for both libbeagle1
> and beagle-0.0.

We could do this, yeah.  We could bump the API versions of the C#
assemblies and the so number of the libbeagle shared libraries.  This
is probably a good idea.  And not to sound like a broken record, but
this stuff should probably go on a branch (or create a 0.3.x branch
and continue on trunk) so that we don't find ourselves in another rut.