Re: Beagle Properties

> > There is still a small amount of stuff that needs to be finished before
> > we can fire off this event. Stay tuned.
>
> Changing these properties is pretty dangerous, because we will
> effectively be changing a string API.  That means that apps that use
> Beagle will still compile, but they will silently break when their old
> string mappings don't line up to the new ones.  So I think it is
> important for us to take the initiative ourselves to fix the
> applications and add-on backends and filters that use Beagle.
>
> I think it would be helpful to collect a list of these on the wiki
> page and have it be a core part of this work.

That sounds overwhelming ! There are only a few that are within our reach ...
yelp, nautilus (and possibly brassero) in gnome cvs and kerry in kde svn.
There are more to which we dont have direct access.

Isnt there a standard way of making string changes in a way to automatically
make applications aware of it ? Can these changes qualify as breaking binary
incompatibility; then we can increase library versions for both libbeagle1
and beagle-0.0.