Re: beagle-thunderbird and tmp files?

D Bera wrote:
I am running beagle-thunderbird 0.3.8-13 on my FC10 system.
I experienced loads (10's of thousands) of tmp files in /tmp containing
headers of old email messages after installing beagle-thunderbird.

Are these files coming from beagle-thunderbird?
If so:
Why are there so many?
Why aren't they cleaned up?
They interfered with the working of the system!

if not: What could be the source?
How could I find out?

Someone recently reported a similar problem in one of the bugs. We
need more information to trace the cause. Roughly ... yes, the tmp
files are coming from beagle-thunderbird. But they are supposed to be
cleaned up right after they are indexed - which should happen within
minutes after they are created, if not seconds.

I am kind of busy this week; so if you do not hear from anyone else, I
will ask for some more information which can help me trace out the
cause. Possibly next weekend at the earliest.

I will have a small holiday next week so I can invest some time into this issue if you want more info.
BTW: I see no info in dmesg and/or messages.

The rootfs is 1GB in size of which 500G or so is free.
With about 50000 tmp files after last night I got issues:
The screensaver wouldn't present me the login screen.
On text console login I got errors about `unable to create /tmp/blabla` (paraphrased).
The filesystem wasn't full.
Maybe too many files?

After cleaning up (rm -f /tmp/tmp*tmp) I had to restart xorg (!?) but all was functional then.

Please let me know how to proceed to fix this nasty bug.

Thanks,
Udo