Re: need help with testing: GMail live search (available in svn trunk)

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM, D Bera <dbera web gmail com> wrote:
> > Hey folks,
>  >         I wanted to see how a live GMail search "backend" will work so here is one.
>  >  It just queries GMail IMAP server directly for searching. I need some help
>
>  I checked this in. For instructions, see
>  http://beagle-project.org/Live_GMail_Search

Very nice work!  I've enabled it and have been playing around with it.

I use a Google Apps account, and was pleasantly surprised that my
username and password just worked for the IMAP interface.  However,
the search results don't.  I am getting URLs like:

    https://mail.google.com/mail/#search/200804051946 23877 dbera web gmail com

but for my apps account, they should be:

    https://mail.google.com/a/joeshaw.org/#search/200804051946 23877 dbera web gmail com

So I guess some configuration for Google apps accounts would be nice?

>  There were only some minor changes from the test dlls. Use
>  --enable-googlebackends during configure to build this. Its disabled
>  by default since its not too exciting (to me) and is not that fast :-(
>  (I mean querying over IMAP and then getting the headers of the matched
>  results is pretty slow).

Yeah, it's pretty slow.  It seems like we could cache the headers for
certain IDs though?  So at least largely overlapping services would be
a bit quicker.