Re: Beagle as a Web site indexer.

Hi,

On 10/15/07, Omri Schwarz <ocschwar mit edu> wrote:
> I am writing Yet Another web frontend for Subversion,
> (it's a fork of Insurrection) and I need a search engine
> for it, one that will index by file and revision, and present
> the results in a form presentable in HTML.
>
> Has anyone done anything along those lines yet?

While possible, I don't really think that Beagle is the right tool for
the job here.  It certainly isn't suitable out of the box, and will
probably require a good amount of hacking.

You might be interested in something like Solr, which is an Apache
project to build a web search server on top of Lucene:

    http://lucene.apache.org/solr/