Re: telling beagle the client to open a file indexed.

> I get this mail as a message/rfc822 mime type and use the
> IndexingService to index it.

> My problem is how to create the header ( dot file ) at ToIndex dir to
> make beagle-search to open my mail and its attachs using Lotus Notes
> and not using the default client for rfc822 files..
> I tried to use k:fixme:client=notes but the beagle-search ignores this
> property and uses the default.

I dont think beagle-search can handle other clients at the moment.
Here is the relevant part of the code:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/beagle/trunk/beagle/search/Tiles/MailMessage.cs?revision=4139&view=markup

It checks if fixme:client is evolution, then calls evolution with the
right parameters, if fixme:client is thunderbird, then calls
thunderbird with the right parameter, otherwise uses the system
default handler. Since different email client use different parameters
to open emails, there isnt any easy to support arbitrary email
clients. You could try to register Lotus Notes as the system
message/rfc822 handler; thats one possibility.

> Tried to put application/lotus.notes in mimeType and it called notes,
> but beagle indexes it as a text file and I lose my attachs.
> Are there anyway of control it? Index as a message/rfc822 and store it
> as an application/lotus.notes

You can change the source and add application/lotus.notes as a mail
mimetype - that will work but requires you to change the source.

Since beagle-search does not know how to handle non-evo and non-tbird
email files, I dont see any other way for beagle-search to open your
email results using notes.