Re: Nautilus search, memory usage, hidden files, webinterface

> guessing the problem was caused by some error in my user Daemon.xml
> and/or FilesQueryable.xml causing the system-wide configuration files
> not to be read. They have been carried through since a long time ago,
> so perhaps somewhere along the line an update to beagle-settings have
> been incompatible with the previous version and caused the
> corruption???

Good to know that it works now. You are quite correct in the above though,
there were several copy-paste (*evil*) errors which would generate incorrect
(even worse, incompatible) config files. Unfortunately, if there are already
user config files overriding global ones, the global options dont get read -
so once you have a wrong user config file generated, its hard to get it fixed
without deleting the incorrect file. One of the reaons (actually, the only
reason) I asked people to delete ~/.beagle if they were using trunk from
before :) But all is good now, so nothing to worry.

BTW, in the list of debug tips I mailed yesterday, the heap-shot tip  is last
resort and requires extra effort. The tips preceeding it are easy to perform
and if anything is found there, easy to fix too. I am dearly hoping that you
find some open file or some weird exception or a long list ot nautilus emblem
tasks or something like that ... Analyzing heap-shot is very powerful but
pretty cumbersome :-/

Thanks,