Re: Image Content Filter

>you want beagle to use _your_ filter (and maybe jpeg filter)
>for these jpg files - right ?

Yes, I wrote a new filter, so you can search by color categories. I think it
might help badly named files.

I think you are facing a different problem - your filter is most
probably correct. Current filter architecture only allows 1 filter per
file. If several filters are available for a mimetype or an extension,
then the best one is chosen and used to filter that file.

Currently FilterJpeg is registered to handle image/jpeg type files. If
you also register your filter to handle image/jpeg type files, then
beagle will choose the best one when deciding which filter to use
(best filter is chosen depending on whether it matches the mimetype,
extension etc.). The best way to ensure your filter is always called
is to set the priority of that filter to something higher than the
jpeg filter (I think setting priority=1 should work, in
RegisterSupportedTypes(), the mplayer or totem based filter has some
priority code which you can use as an example).

beagle-extract-content generally says which filter it is using to
filter the file - make sure it says your filter everytime.

One last thing, make sure your filter is registered with beagle system
(look at AssemblyInfo.cs). beagle-info --list-filters gives a list of
all registered filters.