Re: Image Content Filter

>you want beagle to use _your_ filter (and maybe jpeg filter)
>for these jpg files - right ?

Yes, I wrote a new filter, so you can search by color categories. I think it might help badly named files.

It looks like it works when I run beagle-extract-content, but I don't see it reflected in the index. Oh, and I can't break the Jpeg filter either!

This search works using stock beagle-0.2.17:
ext:jpg "WEARING GREEN"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg is returned

beagle-extract-content armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour

So it looks like one or both of these captions are matching from FilterJpeg...

FilterJpeg.cs
AddProperty (Beagle.Property.New ("iptc:caption", "IndianRedArmstrong"));
beagle-extract-content armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong
  iptc:caption = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour

ext:jpg "IndianRedArmstrong"
zero returned

AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", "IndianRedJfif"));
AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", "IndianRedExif"));
beagle-extract-content armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong
  iptc:caption = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour

ext:jpg "IndianRedJfif"
zero returned

ext:jpg "IndianRedExif"
zero returned

ext:jpg "wearing green"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg

I tried every instance of fixme:comment and iptc:caption from FilterJpeg, yet none of my lines enter the index?

Is the reverse true?

L58
//    AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", comment));
beagle-extract-content armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong
  iptc:caption = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour

It looks the same!

L79
//    AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", str));
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong
  iptc:caption = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour

Same!!

L153
//    AddProperty (Beagle.Property.New ("iptc:caption", data.XmpObject));
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong

ext:jpg "wearing green"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg

L73
//    AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", str));
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  fixme:comment = Lance Armstrong, wearing the Green points jersey, paces race-leader Tyler Hamilton up the Col d'Izoard during a torrential downpour
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong

ext:jpg "wearing green"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg

L156
//    AddProperty (Beagle.Property.NewUnstored ("fixme:comment", data.XmpObject));
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)
  fixme:comment = IndianRedJfif
  iptc:caption = IndianRedArmstrong

ext:jpg "wearing green"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg

Comment out all AddProperty in FilterJpeg.cs
Properties:
  Timestamp = 2002-08-05 10:19:40 (Utc)

ext:jpg "wearing green"
armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg

mv armstong-pulling-hamilton.jpg armstong-pulling-hamilton2.jpg
item removed from results lists
then armstong-pulling-hamilton2.jpg appears in its place!

Is it true that all AddProperty in FilterJpeg.cs are just a waste of time?

mv armstong-pulling-hamilton2.jpg 09238475.jpg
ext:jpg "wearing green"
09238475.jpg

hahaha