Re: Wasabi Dbus Search Standard

> as it seems that the major sticking point with the larger
> distros/projects is the dependence of a core technology (like
> gtkfilechooser) having to load a beagle lib.

I really haven't seen this as a major sticking point at all.  For
gtkfilechooser, the problem was a dependency loop between libbeagle and
GTK+.  Simply moving libbeagle out of the beagle tarball into its own
release would fix this; right now we have to do nasty dlopen() tricks in
the search backend.

Thats actually a good point. Libbeagle does not change as often as the
other parts of beagle. It could very well become its own module and
have its own release. Except, that would be mean more work for our
maintainer.