Re: 1GB log files?

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 09:47 -0500, D Bera wrote:

> You do not need to wait for the full run. If its grown to, say, 200
> MB,

No, of course not.  Each snapshot is interesting in itself.

But I have not grown to 200MB yet.  Still holding steady at 101.5MB.

> you can stop it. A few snapshots (e.g. every tenth one, basically
> first, last and a 10 in the middle) would be helpful to know what is
> causing the memory rise.

In the case of the last (and indeed, this current) run though, it would
probably just show a very reasonable and completely understandable
situation, no?

> You might delete the older ones - since you started the new run with
> better (read: worse for your computer) performance.

Well, only worse by about 10MB.  Still in the noise I'd say.  A 100MB
beagled is still quite reasonable I'd say.  Or is there a goal to get it
much lower than that?

b.

Brian J. Murrell