Re: Beagle with Samba Share

>From: Joe Shaw <joeshaw novell com>
>On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 16:59 +0000, Stringer Leon (West Midlands
>Ambulance Service NHS Trust) wrote:
>> 070112 1650069547 03475 Beagle DEBUG: Starting QueryDriver
>> 070112 1656245326 03475 Beagle DEBUG: Parsed query 'logbook' as text_query
>
>What's odd is that there isn't any output after the "Starting
>QueryDriver" line.  You should be seeing things like:
>
>Debug: Found index helper at /usr/lib/beagle/beagled-index-helper
>Debug: Found 2 backends in /usr/lib/beagle/Backends/EvolutionBackends.dll
>Debug: Guessing for location of KMail folders ... found at /home/joe/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail
>Debug: Starting Inotify Backend
>Debug: KonqCacheDir: /var/tmp/kdecache-joe/http
>Debug: Found 14 backends in /usr/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemonLib.dll
>
>Could you try running again (without ~/.beagle or /tmp/beagle-* dirs)
>like so:
>
>        beagled --fg --debug --backend Files
>
>so that it's only run with the file system backend?  If that has the
>same outcome, try setting up a little sandbox in a non-Samba location,
>like /tmp.  Create /tmp/sandbox and copy a few files in there, then run:
>
>        BEAGLE_HOME=/tmp/sandbox beagled --fg --debug --backend Files
>
>And see if it gets any farther.

Thanks for your help on this. OK, for the first test:

$ beagled --fg --debug --backend Files
Debug: Starting Beagle Daemon (version 0.2.13)
Debug: Running on Mono 1.1.17.1
Debug: Command Line: /usr/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --fg --debug --backend Files
Warn: Extended attributes are not supported on this filesystem.  Performance will suffer as a result.
Debug: Established a connection to the X server
Debug: Starting main loop
Debug: Beginning main loop
Debug: Starting messaging server
Debug: Initializing index synchronization
Debug: Remote index storage dir /home/DOMAIN/lrs/.beagle/Indexes will be synchronized to temp local storage dir /tmp/beagle-lrs-1ada7dba-f9a5-422e-9682-dbd2493942da/Indexes
Debug: Synchronizing... (target=Local)
Debug: Synchronized successfully in .02s
Debug: Starting QueryDriver
Debug: Found 0 backends in /usr/lib/beagle/Backends/EvolutionBackends.dll

A query adds the entry "Debug: Parsed query 'logbook' as text_query" but the windows says "No results were found".

For test 2, things are radically different:

$ BEAGLE_HOME=/tmp/sandbox beagled --fg --debug --backend Files
Debug: Starting Beagle Daemon (version 0.2.13)
Debug: Running on Mono 1.1.17.1
Debug: Command Line: /usr/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemon.exe --fg --debug --backend Files
Debug: Established a connection to the X server
Debug: Starting main loop
Debug: Beginning main loop
Debug: Starting messaging server
Debug: Starting QueryDriver
Debug: Found 0 backends in /usr/lib/beagle/Backends/EvolutionBackends.dll
Debug: Found index helper at /usr/lib/beagle/beagled-index-helper
Debug: Starting Inotify Backend
Debug: Found 1 backends in /usr/lib/beagle/BeagleDaemonLib.dll
Debug: Reading mapping from filters
Debug: Loading system static indexes.
Debug: Found 0 system-wide indexes.
Debug: Found 0 user-configured static indexes..
Debug: Waiting 60 seconds before starting queryables
Debug: Starting Scheduler thread
Debug: Starting Inotify threads
Debug: Daemon initialization finished after .40s
Debug: Memory usage: VmSize=33.6 MB, VmRSS=12.1 MB,  GC.GetTotalMemory=983040
Debug: Starting queryables
Debug: Starting backend: 'Files'
Debug: Adding root: /tmp/sandbox
Debug: Done starting FileSystemQueryable
Debug: Caught ResponseMessageException: Connection refused
Debug: InnerException is SocketException -- we probably need to launch a helper
Debug: Launching helper process
Debug: IndexHelper PID is 3142
Debug: Found IndexHelper (3142) in 1.00s
Debug: Done crawling '/tmp/sandbox'
Debug: Done crawling!!!!

However, if I try a search the GUI window reports "Search service not running", and no "Parsed query" message is shown.

Information in this message  may contain  confidential and  privileged
information.  If you are not  the intended recipient please accept our
apologies; please do not disclose,  copy or distribute  information in
this e-mail or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this
message  has  gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your
co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail