Re: FilterCompressedFiles

Stephan Hegel wrote:
Mariano wrote:
> I've been playing a bit with beagle creating an small filter, this
> look into some compressed files, and index the file names inside the
> compressed file.
Does this mean that your filter and the filters from FilterArchive.cs
both run over all archives when indexing ?

No, my filter does not run over all archives, it only index the file
names and paths that are inside the compressed file.

FilterArchive.cs index the file names too, and add some properties
too, like comments, mimetype, ...

The difference on both filters is that FilterArchive.cs works only
over the archives supported by ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib (currently:
zip, gzip, bzip2 and tar), while my filter could work with any format
supported by any external tool, ie: unzip, unace, unrar, tar, p7zip,

An interesting improvement could be hack file-roller to add a command
line option that list the content of an archive, and use file-roller,
or a library provided by it to list the files. Then, the filter could
index all formats supported by file-roller.

I have to improve my filter to discard files with password, I have to
check the behaviour of the filter with these archives.

Will be interesting to create a filter that reads a configuration file
that, and apply the filter to the mimetypes included in the config,
extracting the information using the command-line tools and regular
expressions described in the config?

Salut,
Mariano