Re: beagle implementation in C

On Sunday 01 April 2007 19:21, Debajyoti Bera wrote:
> Hey all,
> 	Recently there has been an increase of beagle
memory related and crash
> bugs. It is increasingly getting difficult to fix
such bugs so I (we?) have
> decided to re-implement beagle in C. That will allow
us to do precise
> memory allocation and de-allocation leading to
better memory behaviour.
> Also, we will be able to debug using good old gdb.

There also exists strigi, which is similar to beagle
in its objectives, runs on C++ and will be the
official KDE 4 crawler. In general, beagle already
works quite well with the exception of the bug I
described earlier, memory consumption and the
simplicity of the query language (I was hoping for
SQL-like capabilities). Maybe the memory requirements
are a problem because mono isn't mature yet or
optimized enough? Has anyone tried to run beagle on
.NET?

Regards.

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front